Friday, January 2, 2015

The Liebster Award: History, Purpose & Achievement





Back in the September 2014, I woke up in a morning with a sudden surprise.
I found that +Erin Tracy , who was a passionate blogger with this beautiful and productive blog "A Day in the Life of A Simple Girl" had nominated me for "The Liebster Award.

I was blogging for 7 months. I had no idea about how to promote my blog, or how to get traffic. I was writing just because I wanted to write, or loved to write. Though I admit frankly that I did get upset time to time for lack of traffic, and I passed many days over thinking that why I did not get readers after so much effort I had given. Truly, it's a depressing factor. But, all of a sudden this declaration of getting the Liebster Award pulled back all the enthusiasm I was losing gradually.




History:

The Liebster Award is originated in Germany. The German word Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. In short, this award is given to the upcoming promising bloggers who have some worth-reading content and certainly have less than 200 followers as a recognition of their talent and as a way to greet them "welcome". This a small act of inspiration that might change a blogger's whole point of view, just like it changed mine. The Liebster Award is an award for Recognition. You would not get any money, or cup, or medal, or certificate; just a recognition which will give you a spot-light mark in this crowded blogging-market!

Another thing about this award is that this is "Pay it forward" award, like a chain-reaction. Once you have accepted the award, you have to search for other bloggers, who are emerging as new buds with some really promising content which you find worth reading. You can accept it, or you can let it go; no harm done. Still, I want to say that it might make someone else's day if you would accept it. However, if you want to accept The Liebster Award, you have to follow six simple rules which are:



Purpose:

You may think that no money, no certificate, no cup, no medal- what the hell is this? and what purpose does it serve?
Well, the purpose is simple. This award is meant to inspire you, to make you believe in yourself that as a blogger you are doing really good, and to support you so that you may keep up the good work going. Sometimes the little things play a greater role in human's life to change the whole perspective.



Achievement:

My blog was nominated for The Liebster Award at the time when I was in need of some inspiration badly. It was nothing but a badge, but still, it gave me confidence, showed me a reason to keep going and not to look back. And today I can say, all of my efforts have paid off.

So finally,  I am going through the official acceptance of my Liebster Award by fulfilling all of the six rules. And here it goes:


11 Random Facts About Myself:

  1. I cannot hide my emotions
  2. I have reddish black hair
  3. Cannot see a damn thing without my glasses
  4. I am a travel addict, but I would be lost if in the end I don't get back to my home.
  5. I don't like plain rice
  6. I have a morning issue, never liked to get up early
  7. I admire Barney Stinson
  8. I badly want to grow my hair long
  9. I am pretty bad at long-term friendship; Although I care to the fullest, but somehow I always screw up things.
  10. I seriously wish someday I would find a secret enchanted door, and that door would take me to a hobbit-land Shire, or to Hogwarts, or to Narnia, or to anywhere that would be full of magic, adventure, and life!
  11. I can be drastically stupid sometimes, may be more than "sometimes" :|

Yeah, That's me -_-


11 Questions Given By Erin Tracy:

  • Why did you decide to become a blogger?

Answer: I didn't actually decide to be blogger. I had the habit of writing since my childhood. I just wanted to write down all of my precious memories, thoughts, adventures, experiences together, and I also wanted a platform to share it. Blogging was not even my own idea. I was highly inspired by +Tajminur Rahman who suggested that I actually should blog. And with time, I realized that this blog has become a part of my life, a part of my own system. And I thoroughly started to understand it better.

  • What is your biggest blogging goal?

Answer: Right now I just want improve myself. I have not given a thought about what I want to do with blogging. As long as I am enjoying it, nothing actually matters much. Though I always wanted to become such a writer who can captivate the readers through the enchantment of words. Perhaps all I want to do is provide myself with the opportunity of learning, knowing and improving.
  • What is the purpose of your blog?

Answer: Right now, there is five purposes of my blog.

$ To share
$ To improve myself as a blogger and a writer
$ To preserve my thoughts and memories
$ To help other bloggers and
$ To learn from them

  • What is the most important lesson you have learned from blogging?

Answer: There is quite a few lessons I have learned from blogging which actually helped me, and is still helping me through and through.

$ The most important lesson I have learned is never to give; Keep trying and one day your efforts will pay off.
$ Another thing I have learned is how to do networking
$ The last but not the least, you might get some negative backward feedback, but once you decide to "learn from it and move on", you are on the path to become successful.

  • If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?

Answer: I would get rid of all the politicians.

  • If you were given $500,000 and had to give away half of it or receive none of it, what would you do?

Answer: I would take the half, and give the half away to some charity. Remember, something is "most of the time" better than nothing and I believe this case falls into the "most of the time" category. ;)

  • Where would you go and what would you do if you had a month of all-expenses paid travel and leisure?

Answer: I would have traveled as much as possible. I would have visited Iceland, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Egypt and God knows where! I would have lived that one month t the fullest. I would have learned from new culture, new people. I would have tried new food, all sorts of adventures! I wish. *sigh*

  • Where do you get your inspiration from?

Answer: I have discovered, the only inspiration that works on me is the self-inspiration. I can find inspiration in the smallest bit of act when I need. And I believe this is the best! I know I am neither perfect nor the best. I lack many things, and I have many faults, and this is why I am still working on myself, still learning, and still pushing myself towards a "better version of me". I hope this quest would never end, because this is the thing that keeps going and this the thing that inspires me the most.

  • Books, movies or music?

Answer: Are you kidding? All of them!

  • What is one thing you are afraid of doing, but that you’d be willing to do if someone did it with you?

Answer: There's just two things.
$ Watching a really freaking horror movie
$ Riding on a Roller Coaster

  • How do you like to spend your alone time?

Answer: I keep planning. Sometimes I dance though. These days I am just watching How I Met Your Mother. And ofcourse, I am stuck on reading Paulo Coelho's novel, Adultery.
So these are the things that usually keep me busy while I am alone: Books, Movies, Music, Planning, Blogging, Dancing or sometimes just lying on the bed staring at the wall blankly!



11 Blogs I Have Nominated For The Liebster Award:


  1. Lincolnshire Cam by David Bennett
  2. Another Mad Woman by Mary Murphy  
  3. CHRONICLES OF A LUMPY PERSON by Suzi T
  4. Heart to Heart with Lagos Babe by chidinma Anozie  
  5. SnarkyMommaWithLove by Snarky Momma
  6. The Chrysalis Gals by Keisha Ramsay
  7. Coffee and a Closed Door by Jennifer Dunn
  8. Greg Hennigan by Greg Hennigan
  9. amtraveltimes by Alex Morton
  10. TechDive with R Geek by Rafi Digonto
  11. Spicepicable me by Tea Hržica 
Congratulations to you all !!


11 Questions That I'm Leaving For The Nominees Are:

  1. Are you passionate about blogging?
  2. Where do you want to see yourself in next 10 year?
  3. What is the source of your motivation?
  4. What is the color of your eyes?
  5. What is the motto of your life?
  6. What is your favorite book, and why?
  7. Pizza or Wine?
  8. What is your dream-place you always wanted to visit?
  9. What is the worst fear of your life?
  10. Do you think a blogger can make a change to this world?
  11. Do you believe? or You think that humanity is going to nowhere?  

How to Add the Badge on Your Blog:

The Badge

It's simple.
> Download the image given above 
> Go to Dashboard 
> Go to Layout 
> Add a Gadget 
> Find "Image"
> Chose file ( the badge you downloaded to your computer)
> Click on "Shrink to fit"
> Save
> Save arrangement 

And you are done!

In the end, I would like to say that I have never regretted since the day I have started blogging, and now it has become a part of my life. I would encourage you all to keep the same enthusiasm and someday you would know that it may not have made you a millionaire, but has kept some golden memories preserved that certainly worth a few millions.

Happy Blogging! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment