Friday, July 4, 2014

Welcome To Nepal : A Step Towards Sustainability & The Mighty Himalaya



“Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be.Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before...”
-  Erich Fromm


Khalid Yahea
In the airport I met the other participant from Bangladesh, who was travelling with me, Khalid Yahea; He obtained LL.M Degree from Department of Law at University of Dhaka and recently joined in Bangladesh University as a lecturer; a promising youth leader but still a playful child inside. :) I was happy to have such a companion for the journey and sometimes it's really comforting to have someone with whom you can talk to in your own language!


 

Anyway, the flight was almost on time though I was not worried very much. It only takes 1 hour and something to reach Kathmandu from Dhaka.





Bijaya Raj Poudel
The only person I knew personally, umm, well precisely, virtually from Nepal was Bijaya Raj Poudel, the Training Manager of Hands On Institute. He studied in Anthropology from Tribhuvan University. As we took off, memories like pieces of flashback started emerging within my head.




Bijaya and I chatted several times about how we are destroying this Earth without even caring about our future generation. Even leave the future generation, but are we even thinking about our own children? What are we leaving behind for them? A polluted environment, poisoned foods, little remnants of natural resources? Are we not responsible for the destruction of our own species? Are we not the one who are claiming to be wise everyday and still with this so called wisdom poisoning our own blood-line?


Well, these are the issues that are raising everyday with no solutions and then comes the idea of sustainability. The one way to lengthen  the process of inevitable catastrophe to some extent. That was what it all about, International Sustainability School. Youths from every corner of the world will come to know about the sustainable projects that are developed by the promising youth leaders of Nepal and how remarkably they are showing their marks of success in every sector with a promise to protect the environment, not only for their own selves, but also for their future generation.


My memory started to collapse with the increasing pressure of the air and I sometimes felt like I'm hearing nothing. Wing seat was already occupied by Khalid so all I could do was to take some photos from the corner by extra zoom. Thanks to my hunk, Canon SX260. :))

Looks Like The Home of Greek Gods

A Bumpy Shot From The Window During Landing!


It seemed like I could not even made myself sit properly and I already reached Kathmandu! Now my cold blood started to boil by degree with suppressed excitement. I imagined many things when i flew for Sri Lanka, but for this trip, I just closed my eyes and allowed my life to fully to surprise me!!

Welcome to Nepal!




Tribhuvan International Airport!




And Here it was, Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, welcoming us with a bright shiny blue smile! And finally, my heart started bumping a little hard and with a hushed voice it said, "Welcome to Nepal, the country of Mighty Himalaya!"




(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment