Sunday, July 27, 2014

Writing and Life: Off Topic



Life is weird.

Sometimes you want to break down the rules, the balance to set yourself free. Today, I was about to write a very informative post about a sustainability workshop I attended in Nepal, but don't know why I felt like talking about something else, breaking off the rules and the pattern I was maintaining since the month of February.

It's been six months, since I'm writing this blog. I started with no particular mission, trust me. It was a rather fun for me to write about the things that were so precious to me. Whether those experiences were good or bad, still I wanted to preserve those as a treasure. That feeling motivated me towards writing, and by existing in a very digitalized world, I started blogging.



I googled.
They said, "The first year is the toughest time for the beginners".
It's been only six months and I can clearly understand why. It is not easy to make everyone read what you want to share; It's not easy to transform your feelings into words; it's not easy to balance information and humor at the same time and it's definitely not easy to be a "Captivating writer".

Yes, "captivating" is the word I would like to use, not "good" or "efficient".
Writing should be magical, and every word inscribed in it should act like a spell to cast charms upon the reader's mind and soul. It should be hypnotic; it should make you visualize the experience the writer has gone through; the eccentricity she felt, the extreme pain she suffered from.

Seeing through a limited sky ...still smiling because even with the limit, sky seems unending!

You don't just read, you feel, and you imagine.

And here comes the challenge!

Sidney Sheldon said,


A blank piece of paper is God’s way of telling us how hard it to be God.

Everytime I think of writing something, I feel like creating a whole new universe with my own hands, putting my own colors of imagination, mixing it with my dreams and philosophy, binding it with reasons and information, decorating it with the touch of my own thoughts!

Draw your Life! :))


And, this, my dear, is a matter of great skill!
Sometimes I really fear whether I would be actually able to tell people what I want to share, or whether people will like what I feel and how I see the world. Then again, I get the inspiration from Barbara Kingslover,

 Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.

What I have to offer in the piece of my own soul drenched out from the dreams and nightmares, my feelings soaked into vague love and reality, my hope and aim standing upon my very own will. Nothing else, but my writing will only represent myself.


I always feel that I have been silent for a long time..Every time I babbled rubbish, gossiped about unimportant stuffs, it only silenced my spirit of thinking, reasoning and above all understanding.


Life is indeed weird.

Anyway, lets stop here tonight
but before going, finishing with my very favorite, Franz Kafka's words,

Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.

(Next time I will be back with Sustainability School, keep in touch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment